Monday, April 18, 2011

I GOT EDJACASHUN!

There are things that many of my friends, (in fact both of them) don’t know about me! These are the hidden little facts that constitute my being, and if you don’t mind, I’d like to reveal them to one and all!

Ferinstance, being married to TLW, (The Little Woman) has given me caused to re-asses my status as a man. Did you know that I make “Educated choices”? Yes, the kinds that banks like. This has occurred only in the last 11 years or so of our marriage. Seems like before then, TLW allowed me to make my own decisions and the only one she says I made right was asking her to marry me. Since that time I became subject to her tutelage and that is how I got by. Then I started watching the TV, and what do I see, but a commercial for The Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company, where the members (We are not your ordinary run of the mill patrons), are making “Educated choices!” Mom must be proud of me.

But it goes beyond that, I am as they say an “Educated consumer”, yes, that’s right, me! Yes, once again, Mom must be very proud indeed. That is because I listen. TLW says I never listen to her, when in fact I’m too busy listening to her commercials! Being the educated consumer that I am, I make these educated choices, meaning that I do good!



The other morning I came down bright eyed, and bushy tailed, asking TLW what the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss Company slogan was, since I was a little down that day.

“I don’t know!”

“But when you have a commercial they say where the educated consumer or choice goes, and I was wondering who and the where of all that.”

Rolling her head back, she starts to sing the jingle to herself and ends with the “Educated choice” as her answer. I go get my coffee and wonder as I pour when she will ask me why I asked that question,

“Why do you ask?” she bellowed from the den.

“Oh, just trying to remember my status in this house, that’s all.”





But with all this education that the Wanna-Be Bank and Truss talks about, there is that little nagging issue that resides in the back of my mind. You work there, you’d think you know who you are! TLW needs a picture with her name on it to wear around her neck, telling her what she looks like and who she is. I guess with all these people that come and go all day long, it gets kind of crowded so you need to know what you look like when you go to the ladies room and comb your hair or fix your make-up. When you look in the mirror, you need to know who’s hair to fix, thus: an educated choice!

No comments: