Monday, April 04, 2011

IT’S EVERYWHERE I GO!


Recently I attended a Guardianship committee meeting, which I co-chair with a feisty old gal of 71 years of age. She is a great mind, shrewd and very logical. Together with a committee, we oversee the lives of people with disabilities and advocate for their financial and physical welfare along with their social interaction. We take the work extremely seriously and that is the way it should be.

After the meeting, we met outside in the reception area of the building, not far from the receptionist, a young lady at the time who was in ear-shot. There are people coming and going, and even consumers who traverse the area.

My co-chair invited me to sit down for a moment to talk about a committee we are both on. It is a community trust that we set up, free and independent of the agency and or the parent agency we work with.

“Joe, I got a letter from the parent agency, they want to know who is in the community trust and how much is in it!”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, they are asking. I hate those people as it is, now they are poking their noses where they don’t need!”

“Well, I don’t think you should, it is personal, and none of their business, how dare them even think about it! IT IS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!”

“YES, that’s exactly right (71 and feisty) IT’S NONE OF THEIR F#(&ING BUSINESS!”

Like a sailor, in front of the whole world, the little girl behind the desk, popping her head up in shock, and me, trying not to laugh out loud, holding it in.

All the way home, I laughed, by myself, out loud every time I though about it! People would stare into my car at red lights, and after a while I realized: “IT’S NONE OF THEIR F#(&ING BUSINESS!”

No comments: