Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TAKING ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME


The way the Mets look this year, just take me out. Shoot me actually.

Being a Met fan has three phases: hope, tolerance and despair. I start the season off, excited, joyful and downright baseball giddy, around June I start getting suspicious, with bouts of nostalgia for the Brooklyn Dodgers, and by late August, I’m looking forward to the football season!

No one should have to live this way, being teased to distraction, watching all that money on the field not performing, when in fact the owners of the Mets could if any money is left from the Madoff crises, pay us fans to watch those bums.

Then there is the alternative: watching the Home Improvement network with TLW (The Little Woman). I’d rather have a pork chop or two hanging out of my back pocket in a room filled with hungry lions.

I also have to deal with the Yankee fans, which the NY newspapers call the “Cross town rivals”, a misnomer since the Yankees win all the time.

The first and only time I went to CitiField, the home of the Mets, I entered, saw the museum, and should have left at that point, but no, I had to watch them play. The Mets, by building the new stadium with the triple decks, haven’t made it high enough, I think it is possible a Met fan could survive a leap. Once again it wouldn’t work out for the Met fan.

Oh, there are other New York sports teams I could watch, but all those teams are really the Mets, just different uniforms, but the same results! The one team that seems to win, actually plays in New Jersey!

God, help me!

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Patience Giuseppe, they are off to a slow start but I think they will contend. Of course the Phillies will kill them in the playoffs.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

of course. Wait a minute? Playoff!
PLAYOFFS! Jim, I think you are working too hard or not getting enough sleep.