Wednesday, May 18, 2011

EUREKA!


TLW (The Little Woman) has found her dress!

What dress? The dress for the wedding, that’s what dress. What does this mean? It means that WE don’t have to look anymore. It means WE don’t have to watch older women try to fit into a younger woman’s world of style, color and size. It means WE don’t have to visit every mall that hides their formal wear in one small section of the store, replicating the competition in brand-name designer clothes, color and style, and the mumbling and grumbling of the whole thing of trying on, but waiting on a long line to try it on.

Life is good, there is a God, peace be unto you and yours!

Now I have to find a tuxedo.

Black with a bow tie and cumber bun, no?

NO!

Two women from higher authority have told me so. They make up the Del Bloggolo fashion police. One is my business partner, Pam who states: “It is a MUST that you do two things as the father of the groom. Wear a different tuxedo, and MATCH THE COLOR OF TLW’S DRESS WITH YOUR TIE!”

Then there is TLW herself, and she put it this way: “It is a MUST that you do two things as the father of the groom. Wear a different tuxedo, and MATCH THE COLOR OF MY DRESS WITH YOUR TIE!”

As I sat in my easy chair one Sunday morning, the front door swung open, with TLW entering the house triumphantly, proclaiming: “I have found my dress! You have to come with me to help me pick the color!”

Rising from my chair, I drop to my knees and give thanks to the God above.
“Oh Lord, You who know all, see all, what took so long?”

Being a man of my own free will, what I will do is get a different tuxedo than everyone else, and to be even more ornery and different, I will see to it that TLW’s dress matches MY tie. (I still wear the pants in the business and house!)

Somewhere wives are shopping,
somewhere husbands nap.
Somewhere fannies wiggle,
into a shrinking gap.
Somewhere gals are fitted,
The bills fall in his lap.
Somewhere husbands are roused,
But not this napping sap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful dress it is!!!
And I'm sure Joe you will look
great in it no matter what color
you wear. Princess Pat