Friday, June 10, 2011

I’M IN A FIT


Well, I finally did what needed to be done. I got a tuxedo for the wedding, and I look MARVELOUS! I went to the Men’s Wherehouse and waited about 1 hour behind the two other parties ahead of me. The two parties were prom people. Teens and their moms, picky, picky moms and their kiddies, making color choices, then asking me what I thought.

After a discussion about tuxedos that have the Cary Grant look, the Bond look, and now the DelBloggolo look, one mom asks me what I thought about the spats look for shoes, a tuxedo with black and white shoes. They look stupid, so I said: “Sure, he’d look great in them.”

The look of fear suddenly came across he kids face, a cold gripping fear that mamma would make him wear those shoes. It’s so nice to give advice to strangers.

Finally #2 went for his fitting, now this is a kid that once slept on my chest as an new born, now wear HMS Queen Elizabeth size shoes and a 16 inch neck!

As for me, my neck seems to have grown a bit too! When I got married, I was a size 16 neck: and 40 years later I’m a 19! The guy who measured me was using a shortened tape measure on me.

And so #1 Son will get married to TLC, (The Lovely Courtney), #2 Son will look spiffy, and their father will look MARVELOUS!

1 comment:

Michele DePalo said...

My condolences to you and Ellen. So many of us have been in your shoes, but that doesn't change what you're feeling at this sad time. Obviously, Happy had a long and very happy life with the DelBroccolo family. it was her "time", and you did what was best for her. It may be hard to believe right now, but soon only the good memories of Happy will prevail. God bless.