Thursday, June 23, 2011

MAYBE IF I DIE I WILL FEEL BETTER



Last month I went ahead against my better judgment and did something that I shouldn’t have. I worked hard! Yes, I know you are all smart mouthing me right now, but I wish I had listened to my inner self.

Mom doesn’t like the idea that she is ‘getting old’ as she states it, after all she is only 93, and I think I have that same stubbornness in me.

This one Saturday, I decided to take apart a section around my trees in the front yard, that are surrounded by railroad ties, that are thick, heavy and rotting. Inside it and surrounding the trees are pachysandra that my son and his cousin planted many years ago. Getting a small sledgehammer, I knocked out the ties, removed the plantings and then decided to cut the ties in half with a handsaw. I decided I needed the work out and this would be good for me. Dumb.

As I write this, my back is aching, my legs hurt and I have a blister on my hand, over the thumb! If I don’t move, nothing hurts, scratch my nose and goodbye! It took me half a morning and all afternoon to do the job, sawing being the hardest part. Pulling the plants wasn’t exactly a joy either.

I discovered I am not 35 anymore! Crap, I’m not even 65 anymore!

I think I will lie down and hope for a speedy death, if you send flowers, please make sure TLW (The Little Woman) can plant them.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Gee Joe, There was a time I enjoyed planting flowers around my house. However as time goes by, I get older, the aches and pains increase with each bend. I guess that's why I don't have as many flowers as I used too. I'm going green all around the yard.