Monday, June 13, 2011

WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?

Since March of 2006, I’ve been writing this blog almost every day! Hard to believe that I did that! The satisfaction of writing, and getting response is really a wonderful experience, but I was wondering.

I don’t make any money for this. I don’t receive once shekel, not a red cent, nothing, not even enough criticism to continue. I am toying with discontinuing the blog, and shutting the lights off when I leave the composing room of Del Bloggolo. It will mean firing my editorial staff, my research staff, everyone!

Five years is a long time. Maybe you have all heard enough of me after five years. Maybe you haven’t heard me in the five years. I still have plenty to say. I just don’t know how much anyone wants to hear from me anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, I am doing it not for money, which is obvious, it is for the fun I’ve had for the last 5 years. But there is a sense of diminishing returns, or maybe even being forgotten. So I think, maybe it is time to quit.

12 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Whatsha' smokin' boy???? It's the first thing I read in the morning, like the morning paper. Don't be ridiculous!!! Of course we all want you to continue, unless you don't want to!!

xo

Princess Pat said...

If you are smokin something then the least you can do is share. But never
quit blogging. Reading it always brings a smile to my face and to everyone else. You have a way with words and I envy that so keep it coming. Princess Pat

Jim Pantaleno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim Pantaleno said...

Please keep writing Joseph. We all enjoy your wit and wisdom.

Anonymous said...

i always read

Michele DePalo said...

Quit?! No way! I read you everyday!

Anonymous said...

Keep 'em coming! Courtney and I read every day.

#1 Son

Carol said...

Come on Joe, I need a good laugh or gasp!! Don't quit, I envy your alent of speaking the truth but in a funny way....and with no hands!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just how much $ will it take?
SS-I-L

Theresa said...

NO WAY!!!!!!! I am coming over personally with my wooden spoon and it will not be gentle!!!!!!!1 LOVE, YOUR YOUNGER SISTER

Theresa said...

PS (I JUST THINK YOU ARE LOOKING FOR COMPLIMENTS) love, YOUR YOUNGER SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura ESL Teacher said...

You have to keep going! I read every day! Plus you've made some lovely new friends! :)