Tuesday, August 30, 2011

AUTOMATED TROUBLE ON THE I-95


I was on my way to Connecticut’s newest resident, my great nephew Ryan in Enfield. Cruising the I-95, TLW (The Little Woman) decided we needed to stop to eat breakfast. There are some things I don’t argue with TLW about: eating is one of them.

We pull into a rest stop that says: “Welcome to Connecticut!” The place is teeming with people, and there are few places to park, by I persevere.

We all elect to go to the rest rooms and off I go into the men’s room and now have to wash my hands. In front of me is a young fellow who sticks his hands under the soap dispenser, then under the water tap and then off to the dryer, all work automatically, no touching! Wow! I think” “That was fast and easy!”

My turn.

I stick my hands under the soap dispenser and – nothing.

I wave them under the soap dispenser and still, nothing. I step aside to the next sink, another kid comes under the old sink, soap comes out and off he goes, I side step back to the old soap dispenser and still, nothing!

I try again and get the soap, but the water refuses to come out. I step aside again and try the sink next to me, no water. I’m thinking that Candid Camera is making a comeback, and I’m on it. Going back to the original sink it works, and so off to the dryer.

Now it looks like I’m trying to start a fire, waving my hands back and forth, under the nozzle of the dryer, nothing is happening. I wondering: “Where is the camera?” I look about for towels but there are none, somebody is using the dryer rather well, and runs off I jump in, just as it is ending the cycle!

Automation and me just don’t get along. My GPS is always yelling at me, and the automatic checkout at the supermarket now cries when I show up: it does not like me either!

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Unless you're blogging from a bunker, I assume you guys made it through the storm OK.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

WE WERE ON A CRUISE TO CANADA!