Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THE BIRDS


Today, I was alerted that a bird was dying on my front lawn.

On occasion, a squirrel will be found dead on my driveway. I died years ago and forgot to lie down.

So where does this all lead us? To a question, or maybe two, 1) why are animals dying on my property, and B) why am I the one who always has to take care of the carcass?

Not since poor Dominick hit the skids way back when in the doctor’s office have I had to deal with the demise of something other than my youth. (See Tuesday, August 10, 2010)


Now I have a 23 year old who really lives in my house, I feed him, house him and pay for his cigarettes and beer, do you think he would dispose of the dead bird? Ha!

TLW (The Little Woman) refuses to go even go out side!

“Oh, I’m not going out there, there is a dying bird out there!"

I often wonder, what would happen around here if I should croak? I mean, who does the honors with the untimely death of a mouse, a bird or even a squirrel? Not to mention a rat. (See Saturday, July 24, 2010)


I can see it now, “Go dig up your father, there is a dead mouse in the skimmer!”
Believe me, the woman will slap me alive to deal with it!

No comments: