Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BOXED OUT



Our cablevision provider, who is slightly more important than our primary care provider, has found a way to make more money on my sedentary behind. Yes, they can make money while I sit in my chair, watching the idiot panel. (We used to call it the boob tube, and the idiot box, but with flat screen TVs we need to come of age.)

The thieves will now be making it a requirement to have a box for each TV you have in your home. The one in the den will not suffice anymore, no: you need one in the bedroom too. Do you have one in the kitchen, the bathroom, perhaps in a basement or extra bedroom, then; each one gets a box. You ask: “Do you pay for each one?” Does the Pope like beer and pretzels?

If you are a TV lover, and need one everywhere I mentioned, then maybe you should plan on enlarging your home to accommodate all the room the boxes take up in your home.

I have decided that what is now happening is a simple case of breaking and entering. Simple in that the cablevision company can rob me blind, I don’t see them doing it, and they have more of my money! They steal and break my bank account by entering through the wires! (Ok, maybe I do stretch things a bit)

Somehow I feel that with lap top computers, you may not need to have the idiot panel anymore. People will start to think, why get cable boxes and big screens when I can have my own personal entertainment center on my lap. Once people realize they don’t need these bums charging for the air we breath, maybe, just maybe they will go out of business and never be heard from again!

Except for a ballgame, I don’t watch TV, find it a disturbance, and I get all the news I need on the Internet. Internet news is much more current, you can research an item, you can choose to cut through the clutter AND there are no commercials!

What the cablevision people should do with their cable box is: bend over: (Hey!) pick it up and throw the darn thing out the window, along with their dishonest attempts at my money.

BUT WAIT FOLKS - THERE’S MORE!

The bastards are charging me 65 cents a month for the remote as it is, they will now charge me $2.00 a month for the remote! If I lose it, they will charge me an additional $19.95! These are thieves This s thievery at it’s worst! You realize that once the batteries go, they don’t send you new ones, and if they did, the sob’s would make you rent them too, as an additional charge!

I don’t think Jesus is happy with them.



1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Remember when the cable companies told us if we subscribed we could watch TV commercial free. Now the commercial breaks on stations like USA and TNT are long enough to learn a second language.