Wednesday, August 03, 2011

IT’S THE TIMING THAT COUNTS


On July 9th, we celebrated TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) birthday, that is, I celebrated it. Being a stickler for details she likes things to be precise, exact and not a moment too soon.

If someone was to say “Hello” and I didn’t hear it, TLW would go to great lengths to tell me that someone had just said “Hello” to me.

She may be related to Abe Lincoln to some degree, maybe way back; because of an incident that occurred many years ago when we were first married. She had gone to a pharmacy about 3 to 5 miles away, (this was 40 years ago) and purchased something. Upon returning, she discovered that they gave her 1 cents change more than they should have. She was ready to go back to return it! No she didn’t go, I threw myself in front of the car and explained what the gas consumption would be.

She feels very guilty if we leave Mass early because we need to, never lied in her life, (That’s what she’s got me thinking) and will always return anything that she finds where she can find the owner. This is very difficult living with these circumstances.

There is her dark side too, for instance: When we go to a restaurant, and she orders sensibly I pay for it, no, not the check, (She does that because she has all my money anyway). What happens is I order something interesting and she ‘tastes’ it. BIG TIME! Out comes her little shovel she hides in her bag and scoops a taste. If it looks like I losing weight, I am.

But like I said before, she likes to be precise. So what happened Joe Bob, you ask? Well, on her birth date, I wished her a happy birthday, asking her if she felt older.

“I feel fine, besides I’m not that old until 9:30 tonight. When I was a kid (She remembers that far back!) it was important to be older on that date, and now we wish to be precise, thank you.”

No comments: