Monday, August 15, 2011

JULY 22, FUNNY HOW THINGS WORK


Is it just me or when doom and gloom appear, it seems to take with it all sense of good? If you look at today’s economy, the state of the Union, the fact that we are going nowhere but downward as a country, we also get hit with the heat wave of the century!

Seems the President and Congress can’t come to terms on how to screw up the economy even more, and our grandchildren will be cursing us for years to come. Meanwhile, the weatherman can’t wait to tell us how lousy we will feel for the next few days! I have an idea, why not combine an economic depression with a heat wave? Maybe we can all come down with a respiratory infection as a bonus.

As I sit on my recliner typing this at 6:00 am, the TV is on, and they are giving the weather forecast for the day. 100 degrees, hot, humid and hazy. Heat advisory warnings are in effect and they are telling the audience to be careful and watch for pets and old people. While they tell me this, they are wearing suits, with the cuffs popping out from under the sleeves of the jackets and ties! The heat index will be 115 degrees!

Later this afternoon, at the peak of the heat, I will go to a class get-together, in this heat, and all I will do is drink water, then all I will do is go to the potty! TLW (The Little Woman) actually feels sorry for me, since she will be in the air-conditioned Wanna-Be-Bank and Truss Co.

If things aren’t bad enough for the city dwellers, they are advised to stay away from the water today, keep off the beaches. Why, because of raw sewage that is escaping a plant that had a fire.

Tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday are not any better, the same thing. Tomorrow I will go into the pool and stay there, coming out for only the most absolute necessities. Maybe, just maybe by Christmas Eve, things will get a little better.


No comments: