Sunday, September 25, 2011

SETTING SAIL


It started early in the morning of the Class of ’64 Cruise to Canada. The phone started ringing as classmates called for info to give and to get. Excitement was felt as the day had finally come.

Soon fellow travel mates started to arrive and things were for real. Princess Pat of Foxwood Points and the Wanna-Be-Bank and Truss Company, and her husband Bill, Pat and My Cousin Vinnie, and Pam my business partner of Russell’s Tour & Event Planning also arrived to park their cars and wait for the mini bus for 24 passengers to arrive.

Soon we were on our way, and as I stepped onto the bus I had the feeling that I was transported back into 1964, boarding the bus after a long weekend, as all my classmates greeted me. The whole crew and spouses were there, Michelle and Nick, Judy Hunter, Sista Tangerina, Aggie Toronto, Joanne ‘Z’ Zukowski, and Joanne Tew. Yes, 2 Joanne’s: Joanne One and Joanne Tew!

We picked up the long lost Mr. Geiger and his lovely wife Nancy, who did wonders straightening him out to fly right! We were heading for the boat! Not so fast! In fact slow up. Oh, we started out like: BATS OUT OF HELL AND WIND UP AS BATS HANGING FROM THE CAVE WALLS! The biggest traffic jam in LIE history decided to take place to initiate our trip.

We decided to liven up the trip while we suffered the fluctuating temperatures of the bus from Arctic to sub tropic ranges. It seems Sista Tanj had to relate a story, which in itself was not important as much as her poor choice of words. I managed to get her to talk about it to the whole bus. It seems the reaction to a story she was hearing at a lunch with fellow students made her react by saying the following: “You sure he wasn’t giving you a blowjob?” What she wanted to say was: “You sure he wasn’t giving you a snow job?”

It seems all through that particular luncheon, she kept repeating: “Boy, I’m sure glad Joe isn’t here!” If I was there, she was afraid I might write about it on the blog! I guess she was just lucky.

TOMORROW: “MR. GEIGER, I PRESUME?”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again with two "L"s??!!

Michele DePalo said...

Again with two "L"s??!!

pamela said...

Joe's jus' an "L" of a guy!