Wednesday, September 14, 2011

SMILE, I’M ON CANDID CAMERA!


The bastards! They found other ways to get my money!

I was driving #2 Son to work. As usual he was running late and I had to make up the difference. In front of me was this truck driven by Jose’ El Gato and his co-mower Miguel, for the Nonorinisume Lawn Service and Catering.

In front of the truck was a long line of cars, waiting to make a left hand turn. The red light turned green and the moron in the front took his time in moving. By the time I got into the intersection, the light was turning red again! I had to chance going through, the truck blocked my view of the light, and the dog ate my homework!

A few weeks pass and I get the mail. Only one thing in the mail, a traffic ticket! The bastards gave me a ticket for going through a red light!

TLW (The Little Woman) comes home from work.

“Any mail?”

“Nah, nothing.” It’s a Friday, so why ruin her pizza dinner. I wait for Sunday morning after all, I’m paying for her eggs over easy, bacon and rye toast, she can’t yell at me.

In the diner that following Sunday I lean over my scramble eggs with French fries extra crispy and come clean.

“I got a ticket.”

“Oh!”

Her reply takes me by surprise.

“Yes, I went and paid it with a credit card, on line. They give you a web site to see yourself doing the bad thing. There I was , watching myself break the law. I thought; you criminal you!”

“Is that it?”

 Sheepishly: “Yes!”

“Pay the bill so I can get out of here.”

“Don’t tell my mother, please.”

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Bummer. I've been trying to get my local politicians to sponsor a bill saying that if they install a red light cameras, they must also have one of those signs that counts down the seconds before the light changes. At least we'd have a fighting chance. I'm not optimistic.