Sunday, September 04, 2011

SPEAKING OF THE DOW


Yesterday I mentioned the DOW closing by losing 506 points one day, and something bothers me about all that.

I notice when a plane crashes, or a car accident occurs, no one is smiling. Smiling in those instances would be in bad taste, misplaced happiness, and just inappropriate.
Someone picks your pocket or robs your house, or you lose a job, chances are you are not smiling. Once again: bad taste, misplaced happiness, and just inappropriate!

To further my observation just a little bit more, it is suppertime and someone says: “It’s against the law to eat supper tonight.” Once again, great consternation is experienced.

Now on to my point, which is: WHY do the newscasters at night, after a horrific day for the DOW, show a bunch of pebble heads applauding the closing? Are they applauding that the DOW stopped losing money? I somehow doubt that. Are they just mugging for the cameras? Do they know they irritate me?

My suggestion is: if the DOW has a horrific day, show the chart up-side down, this way the clappers will look less dumb. Just saying.

No comments: