Thursday, September 29, 2011

WHAT NOW?


Recently I discovered I have sleep apnea. I didn’t even know what it is until #1 Son brought it home one day and I caught it. Seems it is hereditary. Someone in my family had it and passed it down to me.

TLW (The Little Woman) told me one night I fell asleep, stopped breathing and woke up. I think the stopped breathing happened with her hands around my throat, but she denies it.

So off I went to a sleep study, failed miserably since I went home tired after the test and then went for an evaluation of the test study. A beautiful young doctor interviewed me, with these incredible green eyes, and beautiful face, dressed like a college student being nerdy.

“Do you have trouble at night constantly waking up?”

“Not really, falling asleep yes, maybe once no more than twice a night, if I do fall asleep, but when I do I toss and turn for hours.”

“Are your legs restless?”

“No, arthritis will keep me from falling asleep.”

“Do you talk in your sleep?”

“No, I’m afraid I’ll interrupt TLW!”

“Do you WALK in your sleep?”

“No, I’d call a cab.”

“Well what you have is sleep apnea, and you have 47 incidents an hour! You know it is hereditary.”

I go home and tell TLW the news.

“I wonder who I got it from, probably my father.”

“Oh, just ask your mother, she’ll tell you it comes from your father’s side.”

“Hmmm, that’s true, she would. All my bad habits come from his side according to her, #1 Son said I got it from him!”

I know, you can’t inherit anything from your children, so I think it may also be contagious, I could have very well gotten it from TLW! After all is said and done, she gives me colds, children and things to do, so why not this?



No comments: