Saturday, September 17, 2011

WHY DO I ASK?


I saw an ad on the TV for a law firm, advertising that you can sue now if you get bladder cancer and you take Actos. I use it because my doctor prescribes it for me.

Off I went to Dr. Strangeview for my annual physical, and afterward thought I’d pose the question about the commercial.

“I told the witch doctor I was in love with you
I told the witch doctor you didn't love me too
And then the witch doctor, he told me what to do

Me; “Doctor, I saw on the TV that Actos can cause bladder cancer, is that a fact, and should I continue to take it if true?”

He said that ....

“Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang...
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang”

No, he didn’t say that exactly, but said that all medications, when you read the little paper with the little bitty type, say that all kinds of things can happen, you can even die!

I told the witch doctor you didn't love me true
I told the witch doctor you didn't love me nice
And then the witch doctor, he game me this advice
He said to ...

Don’t go by what the lawyers say, they are destroying the medical profession, to the point that I may have to give up my practice, it is so expensive!”

“Now, you've been keeping love from me
Just like you were a miser
And I'll admit I wasn't very smart
So I went out and found myself
A guy that's so much wiser
And he taught me the way to win your heart”

He then proceeded to give me an example:

“Let’s say you own a car. (I think a jaguar he means)
Now you drive that thing to get you somewhere. If you or the car malfunctions, you can die.  Does that mean you shouldn’t drive a car?” (I think a jaguar he means)

“My friend the witch doctor, he taught me what to say
My friend the witch doctor, he taught me what to do
I know that you'll be mine when I say this to you
Oh, Baby ....”

Then he decided I needed more comparisons and one after another, until he finished writing my prescriptions, drawing analogies, one after another.

“So I may have to give up this business because the lawyers are thinking of no one but themselves, to make money! I may some day have to stop, Some day, maybe.”

I doubt that, gas is high to fill a Jaguar with. He may have to cut back to a Mercedes, but he will hang on.

Next time I go to Dr.Strangeview, I’m going to talk politics, and at least he can only go one so much, the election will be over by then!

2 comments:

pamela said...

I think you should get a second opinion from Dr. E. Ville...just sayin'

Jim Pantaleno said...

Did you hear about the tragedy where a bus filled with lawyers drove off a cliff? The tragedy was that there were 3 empty seats. Ba da bing.