Tuesday, October 11, 2011

APPLES TO ORANGES


It’s not always that I can celebrate something. No, life usually is quiet and uneventful, a new business, a drawing, a cruise, you know the usual. Then I go to find out I have sleep apnea, and my whole world becomes celebratory.

I’ve had this machine the sleep people gave me and I have been sleeping like a baby, and not necessarily wetting the bed, either. The thing is: I sleep the whole night! I don’t always get up to go to the bathroom, wake up refreshed and rearing to go.

So the other morning I have my shower after a particular great night of sleep and get dressed. I feel peachy. That is P-E-A-C-H-Y, as the fruit, NOT like a fruit, thank you.

I find a shirt with a Harry & David logo, the fruit displayed prominently on the front, put it on and march downstairs where TLW (The Little Woman) is sitting in her chair in the den reading the newspaper.



Me: “Boy! I feel great, had a great night’s sleep I feel ‘peachy’!

TLW: “Great!”

Me: “Yes, (pointing to my shirt) I feel PEACHY!!!”

TLW: “ Great, but that’s a pear.”

Hey, six of one, half a dozen of another.  The shirt at that point should have had a banana.

1 comment:

xlpharmacy reviews said...

You are so right, having had a good night sleep is so so refreshing, next day you are full of energy and enthusiasm.