Wednesday, November 02, 2011

IT IS A LONG WAIT!


As I write this, I am waiting for the carpet people to show up and lay a new carpet in my den. This is not a big deal in itself, except that I had to remove the TV from the den, and all the books in the bookcase and empty out the cabinets. The TV sits in the kitchen on the table crowding the room somewhat because I moved the table into the deep end of the kitchen. This was done to allow the carpet layers to have clear entry into the den by going through the kitchen.

As I look about me, I realize I have a lot of work ahead of me, putting back everything in the bookshelves, cabinets and rewiring the massive mess of wires and connections with the TV, VCR, DVR and DVD players. Putting them together also means wiring one to another somehow.

That leaves me with no TV and just my laptop for amusement. I took my book down from my bedroom, and have to stop reading for a while because I am running out of reading material!

I check my email every 15 minutes, as I don’t have any ambition to do anything today but wait. Soon the rug must get here.

Waiting can be frustrating. It is time-consuming, with no prospects for doing anything else. I am sitting in an empty room, waiting for the phone to ring, and nothing else. Soon the rug must get here.

I tried a nap, doing Sudoku and the crossword puzzle, and now that is done. Do I dare start something and be able to finish it in time, before the rug guys get here. Soon the rug must get here.

I imagine all kinds of scenarios, the biggest and worst is me or TLW (The Little Woman) will hate the new color. Of course there is always the fear of redecorating. If those guys don’t get here soon, I don’t know what will come to mind next! Soon the rug must get here

I think they are here!

TOMORROW: A MILITARY OPERATION!

No comments: