Monday, November 14, 2011

WHEN OUT OF NOWHERE!


Cruising up the Garden State Parkway on my way home from Cape May, NJ, relaxed and serene, TLW (The Little Woman) and I talked about conceptualizing visually in our minds. We talked about how some people can see before there is anything to see. I wish I could say I can not only see, but predict with certainty that something will happen before it occurs.

The traffic was steadily building as we approached the giant city of NY and we seemed to be still doing about 75 to 80 mph! No bumps, no turns, no stopping, just cruising like nothing really was the matter.

Suddenly, I look into my mirror and there behind me is a police state trooper, his siren going and lights flashing! His is practically up my tailpipe and looking ominous. My heart sinking I pull over to the left since I am in the extreme left hand lane and can feel the etched ruts that warn a motorist is going off the road.

As I roll I notice that the trooper is passing me by, not following behind! I pull back into the traffic pattern and I discover that you can taste every bit and morsel that resides in your stomach, just by having a police care behind you with his lights flashing and siren wailing.

After the minor breakdown from nerves, TLW and I think, where the heck did he come from!? I think in cases like the one I described, a motorist should keep a extra set of underwear on hand, and maybe even a complete change of clothes!

No comments: