Thursday, November 17, 2011

WHEN WILL IT EVER END?


TLW (The Little Woman) has this ongoing complaint for over 40 years, one that I have mentioned often in this space about her being left-handed. I counter that by being off-handed in my remarks, but that gets me nowhere.

A few months ago we needed a plumber to come and replace the kitchen faucet. I’m getting too impatient to do these things anymore, besides I ran out of swear words to use while doing it. Originality counts.

The plumber arrives late one day and gets to work, diagnosing our problem he says: “You need a new faucet!”

Since there was other work he needed to do, he asked if we wanted him to get the new faucet, and TLW offered to go out and get it. Coming home, she brings in the new faucet and deposits it on the kitchen table and has to run off to teach her little heathens about Jesus.

The plumber looks at the faucet and asks: How do you want this installed, left-handed or right-handed?

“Huh?”

“See if I put it in this way the usual way, it goes right-handed, I can put it in backwards for left-handed people.”

I think about it.

The plumber asks: “Are you and your wife right-handed?”

“Well, my wife is left-handed, and I’m right-handed, but she hates plumbers!”

“No problem.”

No comments: