Monday, December 12, 2011

BIRTHDAY WISHES


 “A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.

Best wishes on your upcoming birthday!”
The Wanna-Be Bank & Truss Co.

Last December 1st, I got this wonderful email from the Wanna-Be Bank & Truss Co. It is not often that a bank takes the time to recognize your birthday.

“A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.”

That is a very true sentiment, one that puts birthdays in perspective.

“Best wishes on your upcoming birthday!”

“Best wishes” How could you not love those words? Yes, it makes me feel special.

For myself, I feel honored that they took the time. When I think about all the people that I know who work there, Like TLW (The Little Woman), The Princess of Foxwoods Points, Toots II, I’ll Do It Doug, and the Bow Tie Lenny, I see their smiling faces and feel the love.

To all of you I say: “Thank you, I appreciate it.” To all of you I say: “Please, no presents?” To all of you I say: “Don’t bother about a card?”

But mostly I say: “My birthday isn’t until July!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better late than never, you see we were more concerned with moving the big wigs into their new offices. That being said a new coffeepot for us and a card for your birthday was placed on the back burner. Happy Birthday Mr. DelBloggalo.
B.T.
P.S. We still have to drink cold coffee!