Saturday, December 31, 2011

END OF THE OLD YEAR!



It seems like yesterday that I wrote about the end of 2010! The year 2011 has been very eventful, and in many ways rewarding.

First of all, #1 Son made a great choice and decided to marry a great gal, Courtney is her name, if you hadn’t heard from me. She is the culmination of a great year for my little family and me.

#1 Son, (Anthony) is writing for the Big Bang Theory on TV, and is currently looking for a house to buy. How great is that?

My #2 Son (Mike) as he likes to be called, but we at home call him Michael, is soon to be finishing up college and heading out to make his own life. That is what life is all about.

My beautiful daughter Ellen is doing very well physically and for that I am grateful, happy and blessed.

Then there is TLW (The Little Woman), Ellen, my wonderful wife for over 40 years! She has remained beautiful, caring, loving and makes me very happy and I am proud of her. I don’t know how I managed to marry such a great gal! Thank you sweetie.

So life has been good for 2011, Mom is doing well, and my beautiful sisters manage to live their
lives with me as their brother, but they do it gracefully. I have about a million nephews and nieces, and new addition in Aubrey Schneider, who joined the world this year and is gorgeous, just like her great uncle, only prettier!

My wife’s family continues do well, and we see them from time to time, and I hope they all remain healthy, and prosper.

And then I have a great gift in your friendship, your readership and am finding new friends all over the world! Over 700 read this blog, in the USA, Canada, England, Germany, Russia, South Africa, The Netherlands, India and Australia! WOW!

My hope for 2012 is that all the countries in this world will be at peace. That the children of this world will not suffer, that no one goes to bed hungry, and that the politicians and leaders of this world understand it is not about them, but about the people who inhabit this world. Children should be our priority and focus, making this world a place of peace and prosperity. If no one is in need, then no one needs to fight. Let’s share this earth.

2012 promises to be interesting, since I have no idea what will happen, and what will I say about that? Please remember that what I write is for the most part amusement and fun. I like to poke fun at myself first and everybody else. Why? Because we live in a world where we are too quick to judge others and not ourselves, both individually and collectively.

I hope you will continue to read this space. My biggest wish is for you to comment, and put it on the table, and take a few shots at me.

Friendship is the most important element one can have in this world of coldness and sometimes brutality. Emotions get in the way and we say things we really don’t mean. I have tried to value every friendship I ever owned, including family, neighbors, old acquaintances and new ones too. Maybe the casual ones can grow into lasting ones.

To all of you: Have a healthy, happy and prosperous new year. May it be filled with only peace and happiness, and may your house be blessed with friends to visit you, care about you, and do for you, and it be filled with love.



I love you all.

3 comments:

Corinne said...

and we love you.....Corinne

Jim Pantaleno said...

Happy New Year Joe.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laughs in 2011, looking forward to all to come in 2012. Happy New Year and best wishes!
B.T.