Monday, December 26, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BROTHER!


He’s the youngest of 4 brothers. Never really knew his Mom, but was raised by his father. From what I hear, his dad was a hard working immigrant from Poland. His Dad set the table for his children to know the value of hard work, a clean and wholesome life, and having only met three of the brothers, they were gentleman.

John, married my sister. If I were to select a husband for my sister, he would be the man. He is kind, loving, worked hard and has brains. He is in his early 70’s now, but when I met him some 48 years ago, he moved into all our hearts and minds, we all love him. He has been living in our hearts and minds ever since, rent free.

Sometimes he has his days, when he is crotchety, cantankerous and darn right ornery, and then he has bad days too!

Last year I wrote about John: Sunday, December 26, 2010. I did a lot of teasing him, and of course, the gentleman his is, I am still alive.

 

I never had a big brother growing up, but I do have one now.

 

But my big brother is in trouble, he is battling an insidious disease, and he could use your prayers, he doesn’t deserve the pain, or the agony. Cancer affects more than just the victim suffering from it: it affects the whole family. There are various kinds of cancer, and some can be beaten, but we never know. He will fight, and he will be gracious and accept what he has to accept. THE LINGERING QUESTION IS CAN I?

 

I worry about my sister, and her children and grandchildren, their dad and granddad is under siege, and so are they.

 

His life has been good, but has also experienced tragedy. In the good times he is gracious, in the bad times he was always concerned about the comfort levels of others. He is a good man. He has many friends, and most go back many years. If you needed help, he came running, never asked for anything but maybe a scotch. 

 

Today is his birthday. Usually he goes out and buys everyone in his family a present. He’s been doing this since he was married with children. This is the kind of guy I am asking you to pray for.

 

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will add him to my prayer list - that makes ten I know fighting cancer.
SS-I-L