Tuesday, December 20, 2011

IT GETS LONGER EVERY YEAR!


Recently, I sat down to write my Christmas cards, and ‘Holiday Greetings’ to my non-Christian friends, it is a big job now!

Writing cards used to be easy, TLW (The Little Woman) did them. Now this chore has been trusted upon me, and takes out a half of a day. I can be forgetful, distracted and hungry, and when that happens things occur. I can send the wrong card in the wrong envelope, or I misspell a name that I am known to do. (Right Michele? Or is that Michelle?) I wish she’d make up her mind. I know Carol, or is that Carole has an issue too. Fortunately Elen doesn’t have that problem.

This year as in the last few, we had our cards printed with our names, and added our return address on the envelopes. (Well pardon me!) So what I do is buy labels and put on the addresses that I am sending to. Then I get the cards, address labels and write something clever like Happy New Year too! I of course put the Dear Whoever in my hand, and hope to not put the card in the wrong envelope.

I’ve decided that the whole process, by the time I’m done spitting on the flap to be too long. I need help. What you can do Dear Reader is send me an insulting email that will force me to exclude you from my list. I can even give you a sample email on what to write. This will help you also, since I won’t be sending you a card, no need to send me one.

Oh course you can just not end a card, and that would save me the trouble of telling you what to write. If this is too late, just try to keep it in mind for next year.

One other issue on my plate.

Recently I got an email from my buddy Ken Geiger (Mr. Geiger I presume) about something of interest that we can all be part of.

Subject: Fwd: Christmas Cards (Reminder) A GREAT IDEA!

 CHRISTIANS EVERYWHERE:

What a clever idea! Yes, Christmas cards. This is coming early so that you can get ready to include an important address to your list.

Want to have some fun this CHRISTMAS?

Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD this year.

As they are working so very hard to get rid of the CHRISTMAS part of this holiday, we should all send them a nice, card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world. Make sure it says "Merry Christmas" on it.

Here's the address, just don't be rude or crude: 

ACLU
125 Broad Street, 18th Floor 
New York, NY 10004


Two tons of Christmas cards would freeze their operations because they wouldn't know if any were regular mail containing contributions. So spend 44 cents and tell the ACLU to leave Christmas alone. Also tell them that there is no such thing as a " Holiday Tree". It's always been called a CHRISTMAS TREE!

And pass this on to your email lists. We really want to communicate with the ACLU! They really DESERVE us!!

For those of you who aren't aware of them, the ACLU, (the American Civil Liberties Union) is the one suing the U.S. Government to take God, Christmas or anything religious away from us. They represent the atheists and others in this war. Help put Christ back in Christmas!


** Suggestion: Pass this on to your church, co-workers, family, and friends. What do you have to lose but 44 cents, what do you have to gain --- more than you may ever know possible.

Thanks Ken!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, that's the Christmas spirit! Forget all this "love thy neighbor" crap -- Jesus' real message was about sticking it to the ACLU. I'm sure he'd be proud.

-#1 Son

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

You know you're right. We should allow the ACLU dictate to me what my religion focused on, and what Christians believe because of some whining atheists.

I don't think the ACLU has a right to change the name of a religious holiday. The ACLU seems to be sticking it to Christians. If we didn't speak up, we would not even have the holiday to defend, because of the whining that goes on

Anonymous said...

I forgot how religious you were. Look on the bright side, it will give you something to pray about when you turn your hearing aids off during Mass.

Anonymous said...

Its a disgrace that these people seem to forget what this country was founded on... RELIGIOUS FREEDOM! All this political correctness and non descrimination is just the oposite it descriminates against those of us who belive in God. Let us remember the true meaning of Christmas the birth of Christ. So trim those Christmas trees and Merry Christmas! Good blog Mr. D
B.T.