Wednesday, December 28, 2011

YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT


I haven’t been myself lately! No, I’m just not me, I’m a shell of my former self!

Many years ago, when TLW (The Little Woman) still loved me, I used to get foods that I love, dishes like French Onion Soup, where we were both introduced to it in Paris, and one of my all time favorites: baked macaroni. Then one day she introduced the three cheese baked macaroni, I went crazy for it and from that day onward, I never saw it again!

The years have been cruel to me. No French Onion Soup and no three cheese baked macaroni.Whatever she likes, I make, but some stinker had to mention that cheese is not good for you, so she doesn’t make baked macaroni anymore.
 But then you must ask: “What about pizza, brother Joe, that’s got cheese!”

Yes, it does, and I have to eat it every Friday night, but NO, and I mean NO baked macaroni, no French Onion Soup, NO NOTHING!

You stand in front of a camera, and what do you say? You say ‘Cheese’. Not ‘low-fat cheese’ no, you don’t. I bet if #1 or #2 Son said: “Mom, I love baked macaroni, with three cheeses!” the kid would get it three times a day for seven days.

I bet her second husband will like cheese and gets it.

Now you might ask: “How come you don’t make it yourself?”

“Oh, I could make it myself, but it wouldn’t be made by the woman who used to love me so many years ago! It’s just not the same.

Often at night I take walks around supper-time, and can hear the happy voices of husbands as they thank their wives for baked macaroni or French Onion Soup, and I think back to those golden olden days, when life was good.

No comments: