Monday, January 09, 2012

HAVING CONNECTIONS


Since before the holidays, #2 Son has been home from school, and on occasion we will hear from him. He has established headquarters in his old room rent free, and has proven to have connections. Yes, he has connections. Me, I’m impressed and understand how important it is to have them.

But you must wonder, who does HE know? What connections could he possibly have at such a young age? Well, let me tell you, he knows me! Yes, that’s right, he knows me, and got the connections through his mother, who, by the way, knows me too.

The phone rings on morning-it’s TLW (The Little Woman) calling from the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Co.

Me: “Eee-Yellow?”
Toots I –“Hi, #2 called, and wants to know if you will drive him to the train station?”
“Isn’t #2 in his room right now, down the hall from me?”
“Yes, but he feels funny asking you to take him to the train station.”
“Why, does he owe me money?”
“No- just that he hates to bother you.”
“That’s silly, why should he feel that way?”
“He’s your son, ask him.”
“If I do that, do I need to call you to do that?”
“Will you take him?”
“Of course, all he had to do is ask – and if he owes me money pay it back.”
“Well will you tell him?”
“Of course-call him back and tell him -Yes”
“OK, but if the phone rings, don’t answer it.”
“Bye”
“Bye”

A few moments later the phone rings, it rings and rings some more. I yell-

“MIKE, ANSWER THE PHONE!”

And so goes life with #2 Son, TLW, and some blogs can write themselves.

No comments: