Monday, January 16, 2012

HOW I HATE IT WHEN SHE DOES THAT!


It was early in the morning, right before writing this blog in fact, that TLW (The Little Woman) came downstairs after getting ready for work.

“How come you don’t have the TV news on this morning?”

After 40 years of being married to her, I should know better than sit there and wait for what comes next. I should have put the laptop down and went to the bathroom with a newspaper to wait out the morning. But NO, I have to ask:

Stupid: “I don’t know, WHY?”

TLW: “There was report on the news this morning done by some insurance company, and guess who are the worst drivers?”

OK, we see where this is going; it is one of the following:

Men
Men in their 60’s
Married Men
Married Men married for 40 years or more
Men who use lap tops
Married Men who use lap tops
Just plain old me.

Stupid: “Who?”

TLW: “Men! 80% of the car accidents are caused by men!”

Somehow I feel compelled to apologize.

Stupid: “Well, that is because women aren’t married to women.” (Snappy comeback, no?)

TLW: “Yes, that is one of the stupid answers men gave, but they are the cause of most accidents.”

Men get into accidents, women cause accidents. They drive 20 miles an hour, talking on a cell phone, backing everything up. Men get frustrated and try to go around them and Bang.

Now I’m no chauvinist, some of my best friends know women drivers, but come on, I’ve been victimized by women more times than not. They stop behind cars in front of them for a light about two car lengths behind, so that when I’m behind her, by the time she sees the light has changed, manages to finally move and get by the light, it CHANGES ON ME, I HAVE TO WAIT FOR ANOTHER LIGHT!

OK, I admit that men are getting very bad as drivers, they do break the law too often, women don’t. Inside of one week I had two guys break the law and almost cause an accident, both times I could have been killed! That reminds me, anyone want to be my backup in case I croak?

There is too much arrogance going on, men are stupid when they drive, thinking they are the only ones who are entitled to the road. They take stupid chances and don’t pay attention. But these men are usually younger than 55 and should be stopped if possible, before a lot of innocent people are killed.

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Bad drivers come in all kinds of packages. The common denominator is either stupidity, thoughtlessness or both. Don't get me started.

Princess Pat said...

That is so funny that you happened
to talk about this in your blog.
Saturday Bill and I went to a defensive driving course not for points mind you but for the 10% and
they spoke nothing of statistics but
I did happen to notice that there were alot more men than women in the
class. Wonder why????

Anonymous said...

IN RESPONSE TO MR. PATALENO'S COMMENT ABOVE I FEEL COMPELLED TO ADD ANOTHER REASON TO HIS LIST THAT WAS OVERLOOKED: SHORTNESS, SIR, SHORTNESS.
SS-I-L