Tuesday, February 28, 2012

AND SO IT GOES


Recently as last Sunday, TLW (The Little Woman) and I got together with her buddies and their mates from the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Company for dinner. Hosting this occasion was the Princess of Foxwoods Points (Pat) and her husband Bill. Included in this congregation were Toots II (Lois), Bow Tie (Lenny) and Corinne and her husband, Mr. Fix-it (Doug).

Bow Tie was sitting in on his first ever old age party, and although he is only about 24, we will be soon bestowing upon him the title of: ‘Honorary Old Fart’. This honor should not be taken lightly, as it has to be earned, and from the looks of things he did.

Sitting in the midst of conversation that covered the spectrum of over 50 conversations from flatulence to medications, B.T. seemed to hold his tongue as he sat like a deer caught in the headlights on a deserted lonely road at midnight.

Most of us were over 60 and some over 65 and some (myself) died years ago and forgot to lie down. Sitting between Toots I: and Toots II, I felt like I should get a magic marker and mark their foreheads to keep track.

Young Mr. B.T. seemed to start the process of getting old sooner than expected, right before our eyes! It was an amorphous of a young man in an old person’s being. It was happening, but we couldn’t put our finger on how!

TOOTS II-BOW TIE-BILL-PRINCESS PAT-MR.FIXIT-CORINNE-TLW
But the thing that impressed me most was the amount of laughing that was done by a bunch of old people, still kicking and vital. One of the benefits of talking to people over 50 is they have spent some time here on earth and can relate to each other in many ways, from political discourse to bathroom humor, but most of all laughing at ourselves without getting nasty, or insulted.

I like to think that young B.T. got a lesson out of life, that it can be easy to be a great hostess and host, as well as a great set of friends that share their humor. The home was inviting, that allowed the flow of conversation to be easy: the food was great and the people wonderful!

Thanks Bill and Pat, Corinne and Doug, and Lois and Lenny, and of course TLW: Ellen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Mr. DelBloggolo I look forward to the day I am inducted to the “Old Farts Club” it will be quite an honor. I truly believe we all had a great time thanks to our gracious Hostess and Host (Thank Pat and Bill!) All of you taught me many lessons which I enjoyed learning I also believe that we all learned that good clean fun and humor (as well as dirty) transcends age to bring us closer together. Thank you all for a great time.
B.T.
P.S. It’s scary how TLW and Toots II look so much alike in this picture.

Princess Pat said...

It was my pleasure and though Bill and I had to eat chicken and noodles
for three days straight, it was well
worth every noodle. And yes though Bow Tie is only twenty something, he fit right in except maybe the part on social security benefits. But then again I'm way too young for discussions on that as well. Wishful thinking!!!