Thursday, February 16, 2012

NO NEWT IS GOOD NEWT?


Dr. Strange Glove
It was that time again, my 3 month checkup with Dr. Strange Glove. I checked the news polls and Newt Gingrich was lagging behind, and I would hear about it. As I sat in the examining room, he pops in and starts off right away.

“Well, I’d rather have a man for President that cheats on his wife and does good for the country than one that doesn’t and screws everything up.” He’s pulling out a needle to extract MY blood.)

“Uh huh!” With an acknowledging smile, needles can hurt when used vengefully.

“As you reap, so shall thee sow!”

Newt
“Uh huh!” With an acknowledging smile, needles can hurt when used vengefully. “Wait a minute Doctor, can you say that, that’s New Testament material, you’re Jewish!”

“All they want to do is Obama care!” as we continue this conversation in his office. Telling people who they should go to, it will put a lot of doctor’s out of business, especially us older doctors.” He’s not THAT old, about my age. OK, maybe he is.

“It will make the insurance companies emboldened and who knows what else!”

It was at this point that I wanted to mention lawyers, but he was pissed off enough to chew through his stethoscope.
Endorsed by the BYOB Party!

I don’t want to get into politics here: that is not what this about, except when it touches my day. I like to vote for the man, not the party, and think some people like my sons think I’m a red neck conservative, with a gun. Both parties offer me ideas I can agree with, and refuse to register with a party affiliation.

I'll need more endorsements
If this keeps up I’ll run for President, won’t get more than one vote, but will at least have voted my conscience.

My platform: “Hey, you gotta eat!” OR “You’ve voted for the rest, now vote for the best!” That last one I like, kind of reminds me of a pizza box slogan.

If I have a political party-it will be the BYOB party!



2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Newt is toxic; glad the voters woke up to that. As for Rommney, he may be the best of a mediocre lot, but I'll vote for him and hope he gets in. It's less a vote for Republicans than a vote against Obama. We can't take four more years with him at the helm.

Anonymous said...

I told you over Christmas I don't think you're a red-neck conservative with a gun! Your views on gay marriage and latino immigrants are liberal. No red-neck conservative would ever say those things. I'm actually impressed -- you seem to take everything on an issue-by-issue basis. I wish more people would look at politics that way, including my liberal friends who just automatically take the liberal side without really thinking. The world is really too complicated to just be a knee-jerk conservative or liberal.

-#1 Son