Wednesday, February 15, 2012

VALENTINES DAY




As we get older, the more we spend time with each other, the more we seem to take for granted. I guess that is true in most cases, we lose the infatuation and are pretty well finished with discovering all about each other, and a certain complacency, adjustment and eternal love builds. I probably don’t say it as much as I used to, but “I love you” most certainly is understood.
 
A peaceful quiet and understanding pervades, and I can’t imagine her not being there anymore, she lives with the bad habits, embraces those that are good for all our time together, as I  face the reality that someday it might not be there any more, so let me love it for every moment!

You try to understand those that may have lost their significant other, or those who are alone with no Valentine and I am grateful for one more time.

One of her more quiet moments!
Yesterday was Valentines Day, and like for the past 40 years, we spent together, just the love of my life and me. It wasn’t loud; we each went about our daily business like any other day. I had a romantic dinner with candles and soft music, a cocktail and wine ready when she returned home from the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss Company. I guess tomorrow being together means 'I love you'.


No kitchen, we have a large dinning room, and I decided to take the end of the table just for her and me. I guess that made a statement about who this was all about, this Valentines Day. Some special china, Waterford stem ware, and off I went to a market to purchase two portions of eggplant parmigan, her favorite, some shrimp cocktail and a whole lot of love with a little something gift wrapped on her plate.

But what keeps us going is we share all our misery, as well as our triumphs. There is no ‘me’ in marriage, just like there is no ‘me’ in friendship. In both cases you should be giving only, the consequence is receiving love, a beautiful thing.

I hope you all have someone special like I do, I hope you enjoyed your Valentine’s Day yesterday, and if you were lonely or without someone special, take heart, there is always tomorrow, or come on over and I’ll give you hug.



Marriage Wakeup

As Barb was getting to know David and his family, she was very impressed by how much his parents loved each other.
"They're so thoughtful," Barb said.  "Why, your dad even brings your mom a cup of hot coffee in bed every morning."
After a time, Barb and David were engaged, and then married.  On the way from the wedding to the reception, Barb again remarked on David's loving parents, and even the coffee in bed.
"Tell me," she said, "does it run in the family?"
"It sure does," replied David.  "And I take after my mom."

1 comment:

Michele DePalo said...

What a guy! Ellen is a lucky woman.