Saturday, March 17, 2012

CUTTING EDGE


Yes, that’s what I am, cutting edge. TLW (The Little Woman) and my cutting edge wife just surprised me with a Kindle Fire!

If you don’t know what a Kindle Fire is, then let me tell you: it is the best library I ever owned. I can carry a ton of books around and it all weights only ounces. Pure and simple innovation, all in color, I can e-mail from it, write a blog and make a spreadsheet form this small portable computer-like device. I can even turn it upside down and it adjusts for me.

One of the things about technology today is you never catch up. Remember the bookmark for your book, how you might lose it, or find something temporary to use, maybe someone would give you one? With the kindle, you read your book, and shut it down. When you open it again, it will take you to the last page you read!

Swipe your finger across this beautifully backlit screen and the pages turn for you! How’s that?

Now here is the best part, you don’t have to leave the house to get a new book, you go on Amazon.com and you can download from there! Life is beautiful.

I’ve been researching the thing for a few weeks and testing out the Nook that I borrowed from the library, and discovered I wanted the Kindle Fire because it was the best buy for the money. You don't need to have a fancy Kindle Fire, you can have a Nook or Kindle in any of the varying degrees of affordability. If you just need it to read books, then just get the cheapest one there is.

What is nice is that you don’t lug around a fat book, these things are about the dimensions of a small booklet maybe 4 x 7 inches and less that an inch in thickness. I can even access this blog with the Kindle Fire!

No comments: