Thursday, March 01, 2012

FROM ELVIS TO DEBUSSY


CLAUDE 'COOL'
I recall as a young man when the romantic mood hit me hard, I would put on a rendition of Elvis’ LOVE ME TENDER or some Rock N’ Roll mood music! Then I got older and have come all the way to Claude DeBussy’s PRELUDES.

That’s sick!

But the issue is I’m changing right before my eyes, trouble is I can’t see all that well so I never knew it! Like everything else in life, I’m the last one to know. I also noticed that my taste in women has changed, where I used to like them young, voluptuous and sexy, now I like them to be able to cook.

That’s sick!

Of course with everything else changing, so does my taste in food. I used to be a big meat eater, now I love vegetables and could care a little less about meat or sweets for that matter. It reminds me of my mother who never cared all that much for meat, and when she got older was eating vegetables all the time. She’s 93 and may have a good plan there. But for me to start liking vegetables more…

That’s sick!

Of course talk about a come down Old Man, I used to drive a Camaro, with bucket seats, now I only want a Prius to define me.

That’s sick!

I used to read the sports section with interest as a young person now I make sure not to miss the obituaries.

That’s sick!

Conversations centered around, art and music, reading and food, sports and vacations as a young guy, now they center on medications and doctoring.

That’s sick!

I used to love to go out at night, get me to go dancing and I was happy thinking about going, today I plan to go to a dance tonight, and I think: “Do I have to go out tonight?”

Once again…
That’s sick!

So what we have here is a complete metamorphosis of a man, from youthful vitality to guarded practicality.




No comments: