Friday, March 16, 2012

I’VE BEEN WRONGED!


Hard to believe, that I’ve been wronged. TLW (The Little Woman) here on known as the ‘wrongee’ has wronged me: here on known as the ‘wrong’, in the case involving the missing pen.

Now I am a reasonable man, I try to be nice and accommodating, especially when it comes to TLW. Recently my accountant: Shecky Worthz sent us our income tax forms to sign, and TLW announced I needed to sign them.

“They’re on the kitchen table, and I left a pen for you to sign them with.”

I march over to the kitchen table and sign and place the pen down, walking away feeling: I accomplished something for the week, I could now take a nap.

The pen I used was either one that the President used to sign something into law, or a pen that came from #1 Son and TLC (The Lovely Courtney)’s wedding, with the engraving: A&C Del Bloggolo 7•3•2011 on it.

Well the next week she complains to me that her favorite pen is missing, and do I have one. Here is how she broached the subject.

“Do you have a pen from the wedding I can have?”

“What happened to your pen?”

“I lent it to someone to sign the income tax papers and now it is gone!”

“Well I swear I put it down next to the tax papers! You probably lost it”

“No, I lent it to someone to sign the tax papers and never got it back! So do you have a pen from the wedding you promised me?”

Up I go into my office and look for a pen, rummaging through my pen drawer I find a red one and bring it down to her.

“Oh, nice color! You don’t have a green one?”

“Oh, when I go back up I’ll look for one again, not now, please. The old one is probably over there somewhere (pointing to her chair).”

SHARING A PEN
I go over to her chair, and turn it over. Hello! There sits her green pen! Do I get an apology, maybe a heart felt thanks, or perhaps “please forgive me, I’m sorry for accusing you, my favorite husband in the whole wide world of pen theft or worst still, carelessness of my property?

No, what I got was: Here, take your pen back, even though mine is probably running out of ink soon!”

I took it back. Serves her right.

No comments: