Thursday, March 22, 2012

SWEATING TH BIG STUFF


I renew my medications that Dr. Strangeglove prescribes by using my touchtone phone. The Rx numbers are long and they are in chronological numerical order. The lady that talks to me is very strange sounding.

“WELCOME to Friendly Drugs! Using your touchtone pad indicate if this is one a doctor calling, two a prescription renewal, or…” I punch in two.

“Using your touchtone pad indicate your eight digit prescription number, then press the POUND sign.”

Here is where I sweat!

Do you know how hard it can be for someone my age punching in little numbers I just about can see onto a touchtone pad? If you are in the middle of it, and there are not only 5 prescriptions, but also the pound key! You must remember that too. If you don’t you sit there waiting for something to happen, meanwhile you can run out of meds.  Ok, now say you are mostly through, say on your last prescription entering the lest few digits, when you hit a ‘4’ instead of a ‘7’, what happens?

I’m glad you asked.

YOU FRIGGING START OVER! THAT’S WHAT! It’s like picking up 99 marbles out of 100, you go for the last one and they all spill out again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just miss real people sometimes?
SS-I-L