Monday, April 30, 2012

ALBANY HERE I COME


As a member of the Board of Governors for AHRC Suffolk, twice a year I go up to Albany, NY to attend the Spring and Fall conferences (This past Saturday). Each conference is usually the same: they feed me, house me and then aggravate the living stuff out of me.

What makes the conference very tolerable are my three amigos I go up with. Each is a great guy with a great sense of duty and humor, and also a great respect for Arthur Avenue, our reward for the work we need to do up in Albany.

Fred: The oldest of the group, a veteran board member and past president of the board. Fred has tales to spin and yarns to unwind, giving interesting insights into the past. He is also my easiest to get a laugh out of. Will order anything to eat at Arthur Avenue.

Ken: The silver haired genius behind Arthur Avenue, who can’t seem to remember either his keys or cell phone while on his way home from the conference. Usually about half way home he goes into his search mode, patting himself down like he is under self-arrest. Seems to go along with my kidding him, and is a great sport. A past president, he has brought a lot of innovation to the board in terms in oversight to help us run the agency.

Jim: Jim combines dedication and thought into his service on the board. Jim is a valued member of the board and although the quietest, can laugh at the drop of a hat. Our soon to be president of the board in June, Jim has come to appreciate the Pork Chops at Arthur Avenue, where I introduced them to him.

So we will attend, take care to understand what they issues will be, and then drive halfway home to Arthur Avenue and get over it all.

DUE TO THE DEATH OF MY AUNT MARIE, DELBLOGGOLO WILL TAKE A FEW DAYS OFF, RETURNING  THURSDAY. THANK YOU.

No comments: