Saturday, April 07, 2012

GIVE AND TAKE


If you haven’t noticed, I’m not very holy. I believe in God, but I find religion can be divisive rather than bringing people closer together. Much of religion is man made rules that if you look at it, can change from year to year. That is not a problem, just an observation. For me, I go on occasion to talk to God, argue my case and if I walk out of the church without the ceiling caving in, I figure I’m ahead of the game.

TLW (The Little Woman) has gone through Catholic schools all her childhood and is very diligent about Mass on Sundays. So this past Palm Sunday she asked me at breakfast if I was going to Mass.

“Are you coming with me to Mass today?”

“Nah.”

“Why not?” (She is starting to sound like Mom, as I look for a wooden spoon somewhere over my head.)

“Ah, it’s amateur Sunday, the place is crowded with little kids and their parents who both don’t know how to behave, and they are all coming for the palm, like it was candy! (I wonder how many know what the significance of the palm really is?)

“And you are a semi-pro?”

“Waitress! Separate checks please?”

1 comment:

Laura ESL Teacher said...

I am very much the same....I live a good life and try to follow Jesus' example, rather than the man-made laws that foster oppression and separation. If we are wrong I'll see you in hell...we'll have our little red devil suits.