Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WHAT IS THE MEASURE OF THE MAN?


Being able to read her handwriting, that is what the measure of the man is. It is a continuous problem, reading TLW (The Little Woman’s) handwriting!

The other evening started easily enough until we started to talk to each other.

“Joe, I need you to create the covers for the books for my class. I wrote down the names for you to personalize each book. Every one of the 15 except one will make their communion on May 5th, one will make it on May 12th!”

“You want me to spell her name backwards?”

“Now these are the real names-that’s LoriMartha, just as it is spelled, don’t correct it and don’t add spaces. And this name is correct too: Ztrg”

“Who names their kid Ztrg?”

“It’s a cultural thing”

“What culture names their kid Ztrg?”

Handing me her hand written list I try to read the first name.

TLW's INSTRUCTIONS IN CASE OF A FIRE
“I can’t read this! Looks like ‘L-c-t…”

TLW comes over, takes the list as I ask:

“Do you ever print?”

She says: “I don’t know, I write for all my members?”

“And you wonder why they are so grouchy. You know I can’t take anymore notes you write to me to the pharmacist to interpret with buying some medications.”

And so another year has come and gone, another set of books for little kids and another argument nipped in the bud by her hand-printing .

TLW is a lefty, a southpaw, if she was a pitcher she’d make a lot of money, but she is a wife, a mother, a platform lady at the Wanna-Be-Bank & Truss company, who writes like a doctor!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TLC (THE LOVELY COURTNEY)
We love you,
Joe, Ellen and Michael

AIN'T SHE GORGEOUS?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very gorgeous! With a fine looking husband!
Roger Hyde