Friday, June 15, 2012

HARVEY, HERE WE COME!


Harvey is a play about a six-foot-tall rabbit invisible to everyone except Elwood, the brother of Veta. The family’s reputation is on the line so Veta takes Elwood to the local sanatorium. The doctors mistakenly commit his sister, while Elwood—and Harvey escape the hospital setting off a hilarious chain of events, as everyone in town tries nab Elwood and his invisible rabbit.

Originally, the film premiered in 1950, starring Jimmy Stewart, and now the screenplay has been recreated for the stage, starring none other than the very talented and funny Jim Parsons, who I think is perfect for the part.

Of course, Jim Parsons is the star, or one of the many stars on the Big Bang Theory, which my son #1 helps to write on CBS TV.  So the show is a little personal I guess to me, since I have been watching the Big Bang Theory and becoming a huge fan of both the show and Mr. Parsons, who plays the part of Sheldon Cooper.

Speaking of fans, one of my classmates from high school, Michele and her husband Nick will be joining us, if we can drag Michele away from her Mets! Michele loves The Big Bang Theory and is a member of the Community Playcrafters in Bellport, and has more knowledge of The Big Bang Theory than I do, so I hope she enjoys it. The show is on July 22nd, and TLW (The Little Woman) and I thought that Michele would enjoy seeing the show, so we invited her and Nick along, and they graciously said: Yes.

We’ll see a matinee and then enjoy a peaceful Sunday night dinner in the Big Apple, and maybe get the rabbit to come along too. So a great show, with a great actor, and three really nice people to come along, makes for a really great day for me!

If you haven’t seen the show: The Big Bang Theory, on Thursday nights at 8:00 pm, do yourself a favor and watch it. And look for the character Howard’s mother, so darn funny, but you never see her. Some great concepts, great funny writing, and an excellent cast, and I have a hunch you will soon be seeing Harvey on Broadway when you watch Jim Parsons on The Big Bang Theory show.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you, Mommy, Michele and Nick have a great time!

-#1 Son

P.S. I've actually met Howard's Mom. She is everything you'd want her to be!

Michele DePalo said...

METS ??!!!!