Saturday, June 16, 2012

HER FATHER’S DAUGHTER


For over 40 years I’ve noticed it, the resemblance.

When we were younger it was a brief, glancing reminder, and I thought: why not? Then as we got older it became more pronounced. It has gotten to the point that I now call her Jim. That was her father’s name, and so she reminds me of him.

Now TLW (The Little Woman) retains all her woman like qualities, but boy she is her father. She walks like him, has all his inflexions and a lot of his habits/mannerisms!

If you had known Jim you would remember his humor. One would think he had none. His humor was on a higher plain, and it was a reach to find it in that he said it and it would be unexpectedly funny and usually very true.

But now she is starting to walk like him, and dare I say: complaining like him. The other morning something got her attention that occurred in the neighborhood, and she commented, with a critical eye. I offered my opinion that was not in agreement, as she got off her chair, and shuffled off, Just like her dad did!

Jim was a great example of what a dad should be. He was not a demonstrative person by nature but he was a loving man, showed great compassion and guarded his emotions for the most part. But if passion was needed, he stepped up and had his say. But the most important thing he did in his life was teach that morals and high standards were most important, that honesty was like life itself, always on.

Well the apples didn’t fall far from the tree, and it is nice to know my in-laws are part of my family, because Jim raised the ideal girl, someone just like himself!

Somewhere in heaven right now, he is reading the ‘Heaven Times’, probably with a pencil in hand, marking the typos and reading out loud to Helen, while watching ‘Face the Heaven’ in his easy chair.

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY JIM!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OR THR HEAVEN'S TIME CROSSWORD PUZZLE.

SS-I-L