Tuesday, June 19, 2012

OH HOW WE DANCED


WAS SHE GORGEOUS OR WHAT?
O how we danced
On the night we were wed
We vowed our true love
Though a word wasn't said


Forty-one years is a long time. It is like a dance marriage is. How consistent was I? Did I always do the right steps, did I sing it the right way, did I remember those special dances and did I say: ‘I love you’ enough? Could I really dance?

The world was in bloom
There were stars in the sky
Except for the two
That were there in your eyes


As we glided on the dance floor that first dance, if knowing what the future held in store, would we have finished the dance? Would she have dropped everything and ran? Would I have gone out to dance to begin with?

Darling as I held you close in my arms
Angels were singing a hymn to your charms
Always remember here in my heart
Darling I love you so

In all these years we grew accustomed to ourselves, and we never said: “What if?” No not about ourselves, but we did say it about the circumstances that ensued from our everyday lives. Together we have lived through the best of times and the worst of times. We have suffered when our children suffered, and when they prospered we prospered emotionally. But we did it together, everyday holding each other up, guiding one another through the darkness and the storms, always resting to bask in the sunlight until they play that final number and we can dance no more.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SWEETHEART, we will always be together if you’ll still dance with me. I love you.

7 comments:

Christina Corace said...

*tear*

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, guys!

Love always,

-#1 Son

Jim Pantaleno said...

After 41 years, two have become one. May you have many more years together.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mr and Mrs DelBloggolo. May you enjoy many more years together. May your marrage serve as proof of what love really is. Best wishes and God bless. B.T.

Michele DePalo said...

I've got tears in my eyes over that one. God bless you both, and happy anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!
Roger & Claire Hyde

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Thanks everyone,
Ellen & Joe