Tuesday, June 12, 2012

SOME TURN TO JESUS, I TURNED TO EXERCISE!


If there is one thing I hate, it is exercise. To me, putting my body through the paces is not pleasant. I mean, come on folks, repetitious movements until you can’t do it anymore, constant upping of the pain threshold, who needs it?

Me.

How I hate to admit it, but it does make a difference. The other day, the Fuehrer in the guise of TLW (The Little Woman) and I went out to conquer the moss that was growing on our patio floor. It was either that or a picnic. There is a spot that does not get sun, and so the dampness stays there and moss grows. So we went out together and cleaned it off. She was hurting from the work and quit early, while I managed to stay on a little longer. If I weren’t walking and exercising, I would have quit before her.

It is surprising how a lack of energy can conquer you, and how a lack of ambition can also conquer you. I like the lack of energy because it means I haven’t been exerting myself, while having too much energy means I am doing a lot, missing my chair and Dunkin Donuts!

The sick thing about exercise is that once you are done, you feel good about yourself. That gives you energy and you do more things, that once you finish, you feel good about yourself-a vicious cycle!

To paraphrase jerry Seinfeld: “Exercise, who needs it?”

No comments: