Sunday, July 22, 2012

KISS MY - - -!


I was driving home from Cape May New Jersey, after a glorious few days, with TLW (The Little Woman), my older sister Tess (much older) and my brother-in-law John, when suddenly we hit a backup on the Garden State parkway.

For what was a whole hour, we crawled inches at a time until we saw the source of the tie-up, a multi car accident. Two cars are totally wrecked and ambulances are all over the road, fire trucks and police, lights flashing and bodies on the ground.

Once we passed that point, it suddenly opened up and off we were once again, driving at least 70 mph, wondering where all those vehicles went that I was sitting with moments ago.

As I am driving in the left lane, this dark blue car suddenly appears and comes up to my tail, almost bumping me: making me very angry, but I will not be bullied. He stays there for a few miles, and I am ready to boil, so I slow down, to get him to go around me. Finally the numbskull gets the message, and pulls around to the side of me, rolls down his window and gives ME a dirty look!

“Go around you moron!” I intone.

He gets in front of me and flashes his blue lights, telling me he is an unmarked police car! I had just told off a stupid cop, because he was creating a dangerous situation for my family and me, and I had gotten away with it.

In all honesty, I would have gladly moved over if his lights were flashing, if I could recognize the fact that he was on some mission. He was on the way to a non-emergency, and decided that the world owed him free access to anywhere he wished to go, so get the hell out of his way.

I guess I should write to the NJ Highway police and complain, but what good will that do? The stupid cop just went through one of the worst accidents as I did, and here he is driving recklessly!

No comments: