Sunday, August 05, 2012

50 YEARS!


Fifty years is a long time. It takes me 50 years to get out of bed in the morning. It takes TLW (The Little Woman) that long to get ready! It takes 50 years for me to come out of the toilet sometimes. 50 years is sure a lot of time.


HAPPY 50TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!
Imagine being married for 50 years? That’s how long these two people are married, 50 years! Who are they? They are TLW (The Little Woman)’s sister Maureen and her husband Steve. (She’s in white)

I can’t really recall either of them without the other. It seems that they were meant to be for each other, somehow completing a set. I have known them for over 41 years, and so I can speak with some authority, they set a tone for the family in terms of dedication to each other, love and family values. You could even say they are a good example for all.

Steve is a happy guy, especially for someone who is married for 50 years. That speaks volumes for the union. Always willing to tune your piano, even if you don’t have one, always explaining some thing like an engineer that he is with meticulous detail, and always having his kids come first defines who he is.

Maureen means smile in Gaelic. (I made that up) For those 41 years I’ve known her, she smiles. I think she took after Helen, her mom. Helen could always greet me with a smile, and a laugh, and was easy to kid and talk to. Maureen, dedicated to her grandchildren, she seems to always make all the kids her grandchild, especially since Helen passed on, always remembering my daughter Ellen, a birthday or anniversary, for the 41 years I’ve known her.

They have made a beautiful family with two adult children: Christine and Stephen who have put together a celebration today in their honor.

So Jim and Helen Manning and Ilario and Anne Gilardi are smiling down from heaven this very day for their children, as they sit in the place where Steve and Maureen's marriage was made!

So, as they say in Gaelic: Cinquantesimo anniversario di nozze felice! (They might)
From the editorial staff of DelBloggolo

Tá grá againn duit
Joe & Ellen

No comments: