Tuesday, August 14, 2012

MR. HOTPANTS!


My life is predicated on having enough bytes and batteries. Since 1991, life has taken on a new meaning. When I brought in my first computer, all my modern day frustrations began in earnest. Programs, printers, Internet etc. and of course there were the hand-held devices, the calculators and appointment books and then the cell phones.

I have like everyone else in this world a digital camera. The camera needs batteries, and after all the devices in my house that need AA batteries, I decided to purchase a charger to recharge all the batteries. Recently I went to an affair and took the camera and extra batteries that were recharged with me so I could record the event.

The other night, I took the recharged batteries I had and put them in my pocket, figuring I would put them in my office studio when I went back up there. I was watching Jeopardy, and it was a pretty tough show, the questions were tougher than usual and required my thinking. This is something I try to avoid if possible since I’m married to  TLW (The Little Woman) who likes to do that for me.

As the show goes along and I sit in my recliner, trying to answer the questions, I start to feel something in my pocket! It feels like it is sticking me at first. I think maybe my car keys are digging into my thigh and so I shift about a bit. The pain a little more intense comes on again and I shift some more. Then things start to feel a little warm and wonder what is going on. Suddenly I am feeling a burning sensation and rise out of my seat and stick my hand next to the pain, then in my pocket. Looking at TLW who is looking at me like I am nuts, I tell her I’m on fire! Reaching into my pants, the batteries were sitting next to each other and burning my leg! How the hell does that happen?


No comments: