Saturday, August 04, 2012

OLD FRIENDS GET TOGETHER


Not being an employed member of the Wanna-Be-Bank and Truss Co., I get this sense that maybe I should. The Three Mskateers, TLW (The Little Woman), Toots II (Lois) and the Princess of Foxwoods Points (Pat) assemble on occasion to celebrate their friendship and on occasion include another Wanna-Be-banker, Mr.Fix-it. (Doug)

Recently, the lovely wife of Doug, Corinne, hosted a dinner party and everyone was in attendance, including yours truly, and the Princess of Foxwoods Points husband Bill. The food was excellent and the laughs fast and numerous, as the wine was mellow and soothing. If there is one thing I can say about this crowd, it intends to laugh and joke, poking fun at themselves: telling stories about people that come and go in the course of their day.

It is great to have this kind of friendship: it seems to be one of simple expectations and good times. No hassles, issues or complaints, just good food and fun. Not seeing these people everyday brings freshness to my life since they make me laugh and I feel relaxed. I guess I have adopted these people as my own friends and they have may have adopted me. TLW has an excellent foil in my, and delivers her zingers, while try to recover and zing back, only making things worst for me and funnier by the moment. Then Pat or Bill will join in and before you know it, Lois will pierce the air with an arrow of keen observation, and then I hold my sides in. One thing I know for sure, I can always get a healthy and hearty laugh from Corinne and Doug.

Having peace, laughing and living to laugh, brings a great healing power to a troublesome world. Having people who are great in spirit, simple in demands and complex beauty in their souls makes life wonderful. I look back on all the years I’ve spent meeting new people, and it is like a huge library. Each person becomes a book, with their own story, filled with a good memory or two for me. It is nothing you can buy in a store, nothing, download on your Kindle or see on a TV, but something I hold very important to me, since they took the time to be a friend to me.

So I propose a toast to all of you who read this blogue, the Lois and Pat and Bill’s the Corinne and Doug’s, all my classmates and friends and family, my beautiful sisters who gave me enough memories and love and new friends I have made because of this blogue, thank you for making me laugh, for being there to read and letting me into your lives, you guys are the best!


2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Right back atcha Joseph. You're a good man.

Arlene said...

Joe, we are the ones that thank you for being a friend to make us laugh, for coming into our lives. I am a better person for having known you.