Wednesday, August 08, 2012

OWWWW! I WANT MY MOMMY!


Picking a place to go
My advice to you-NEVER and I mean NEVER go to a periodontal for two reasons.

One: They can’t spell ‘dentist’ and
Two: They hurt.

“This is a easy procedure, I will take pictures of your teeth, the doctor will come in and measure each tooth space and a lot of numbers will be read out loud.” So says the ‘dontal’ assistant? She then puts this shield to take the x-rays and you drool, gag and choke, to the point that you want to bite them.

It was easy, for her, all she needed to do was place the bets and hear me scream like a little girl.

“Now we will see if your insurance covers the procedure (more torture) and we will call to make an appointment if approved.”

Why don’t they call first, then count my teeth spaces?

NEVER say "AH" in this chair, it sounds stupid!
With all the doctoring and now the dentist, I look forward to the day when I just stay home. There was even a trip to the barber in between this and that even had its moments! I sat in the chair, the barber slips the cover over me and I lean back and open my mouth wide.

I recall years ago when all I did was go to the barber. No doctor, no dentist all with follow-up appointments. Today they see me coming and they take out their vacation book and start planning! You enter the examining room and the nurse or technician says: “Doctor, your ski trip to Colorado is here!”

Dr. Strangeglove
Next week I go to my general practitioner for my three month physical, this is the one that got the doctor the moniker: Dr. Strangeglove. With this visit and the election coming up, I have to read all the conservative points of view so that I can agree with him and he not otherwise stick me with more needles than necessary! His opening question is: 

“So how we doing today?”

Oh, I don’t know doctor, let’s see, you will get a lot of money for this visit and I will go home and wait for the next visit. I’d say YOU are doing well, and I’m not doing as well. I should have paid more attention to Miss A in biology class and less time in the library napping, I could have been charging people all kinds of princely sums and planning vacations!




No comments: