Friday, August 03, 2012

SINGING IN THE RAIN – NOT


It is Sunday morning, and I sit here writing this as the rain comes down and the morning is grey and dreary. I am supposed to go to a barbeque this afternoon with some really great people and I hope it isn’t washed out.

Yesterday I went to a graduation party for two young ladies in the hood, and it rained and rained hard. It was so bad some nice lady fell off a step she was climbing and banged her head, all because the steps were wet!

I had just finished putting the final chemicals into my pool to bring it up to the correct levels on Friday, had the robot vacuum it and it sparkles, then Saturday with the deluge we had, everything has to now be redone! The rain came down so heavily, I tried to backwash it, but there was nowhere to put the water I pumped out.

Talk about dampness, humidity and heat, let alone grey skies and depressing days, this weekend takes the cake. The graduation party had a large tent that really made it successful as we guests could defy the elements and enjoy a great time with some great neighbors.

I always love to see my neighbors and every now and then I get to meet a new one! The hood is a great place, and the people make it that way.


No comments: