Tuesday, October 23, 2012

CAN IT BE?


Many years ago I read a book titled: ‘Snow in August’. It is a book about a 1940’s Brooklyn friendship between an 11-year-old Irish Catholic boy and an elderly rabbi. Written by one of my favorite authors, Pete Hamill. A great book and if you get a chance, read it. You will find it on Amazon.com.

Not too long ago, this past October 16th actually, TLW (The Little Woman) greeted me with some surprising news she said she saw on ABC News that morning.

“Rutherford had snow yesterday!”

“Get outta here!”
How I'll Remember Her

“Yes, there was some car vandalism in a parking lot and there was snow piled up on the sides!”

“Can’t be! It’s too early for snow.”

Going up to the TV, she points to the bottom of the screen and says: “Rutherford, NJ, right there!”

“That’s where the Jets play! There was no mention of snow that day!”

“Yes, that’s right, there was a big NY somewhere, I thought it looked familiar!”

I Have To Believe Her, It's My Job!
“I think you should end your nightcaps a lot sooner.”

“Put the news on now, they run the same thing every half hour.”

“You sure it wasn’t a dream you had?”

“Just put the news on and they will run it again.”

The weather has been in the mid-sixties this past week and I am getting worried that TLW is either hallucinating, drinking or is getting dementia, because I don’t see any rabbi or 11 year old Catholic Irish boys around, and it isn’t August. I know she isn’t writing a book and the only thing she does write is checks and e-mails.
A Happy Ending

Hopefully she will go to work today and calm down, I’m getting to old for this!

Then my faith in her judgment returned!

“You know, it just might be a re-run of some past news story." she said.

Ya think?

No comments: