Thursday, November 29, 2012

AYE CARUMBA


The lawn service I use all summer come at the end of November and do a fall cleanup for me. This means that I don’t do much myself on the lawn, except when we have a hurricane, then I clean up.

This year with Hurricane Sandy coming so soon, the cleanup wasn’t enough so the lawn service came and finished it on November 24th. They then proceeded to blow off some covers for water weights that hold my pool cover down on one side. That’s 36 feet in length!

OK, so I go to the supermarket, and get three things for a salad I needed. I get on the checkout line and give the kid my Stop ‘N Shop card, which he dutifully runs through his scanner, than proceeds to scan all there items and then asks me if I have a Stop ‘N Shop card!

Then I get in my car to back out of the parking space at the store, and the car makes an irritating sound when it backs up: “Beeep, beeep beeep” it goes in its high pitch squeal like noise, and won’t you know it, this dopey guy tries to pass me on foot as I'm backing up, coming from a pair of parked cars, causing me to jam on my brakes!

Not enough for you? Then there is the jackass in the Ford Rover that decides he is going to race everyone into the single merging lane from way back of the converging line. HOW STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE?

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

"Genius has its limits, but stupidity knows no bounds." Albert Einstein